(I used a tiny skillet in this photo for presentation.)
When I first posted this recipe, Zoe was newly 13, and headed to her first teen Halloween party. Now, two years later, she is planning her own 9th grade Halloween party. Time is flyyyyying by. In fact, that’s something I’ve been meaning to talk to you about. After much consideration, I’ve decided to put the Spunky Cookie Club on hold indefinitely, because it was taking all of my time, and as much as I needed that work, Zoe won’t be a teen forever. Soon she won’t need me to drive her everywhere (where my other mom chauffeurs at? raise your hand!). Before I know it she’ll be independent. I don’t want to miss this time with her, ya know? 🙂 I can’t afford not to work at all, but I have cut back as much as possible in order to savor this precious time.
But you can still support my little family business, The Spunky Coconut, and continue donating to kids in hunger by purchasing my inexpensive allergen-free book Cookies! Inside Cookies you will find all of the recipes from the cookie club kits, plus more! Get yours HERE and enjoy these Candy Roasted Nuts!
Candy Roasted Nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place a dry 12 inch cast iron skillet over low heat.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a small dish, and set it aside.
- Roast the nuts in the dry skillet, flipping or stirring every minute for about 12 minutes, or until the nuts are fragrant and golden.
- Turn off the heat. Add the sugar blend, and water, and quickly stir to combine.
- Transfer the candy roasted nuts to the lined baking sheet to cool.
Also don’t miss THIS Harvest Cupcake recipe!