I’ve been admiring some really gorgeous smoothie bowls lately on Instagram. They make me hungry! And I have one of my own coming up soon, but in the mean time I have this super easy instant ice cream for you! It’s dairy-free of course, and full of nutrition. I use fresh young coconut and very little sweetener to make this instant ice cream. All you have to do ahead is make sure that you have ice and that you freeze some coconut milk in your BPA-free trays 🙂
Instant Ice Cream
1 fresh young coconut (the ones with the white pointy top)
1/2 teaspoon honey
6 ice cubes
1/2 banana, sliced
- Buy a Coco Jack to open the coconut (Use my coupon code spunkycoco to get 10% off and watch a video of Zoe using our Coco Jack) OR see my tutorial on how to safely open a coconut using a chef’s knife.
- Pour the fresh coconut water into a glass and enjoy or save for later. (We aren’t using the coconut water in this recipe.) Scoop out the fresh coconut meat and add it to the food processor fitted with the S blade OR a professional blender (like a Blendtec or Vitamix).
- Add the honey and ice cubes. Puree until just smooth, stopping to scrape the sides if needed. Transfer to a glass and stick it in the freezer while you make Layer 2:
- Add all of the Layer 2 ingredients next. I like to keep this layer a little chunky. Finely ground, not pureed.
- Add the second layer to the first. Top with sliced bananas and enjoy!