You may remember last year when I met Vital Proteins at ExpoWest and then created a yummy Lemon Breakfast Cake for them. Vital Proteins asked me to create another recipe, and it came out crazy good. These Easy Gluten-Free S’mores Cookies have a secret ingredient: collagen protein. People ask me all the time how they can get more collagen in their diet. By eating cookies of course 🙂 For those who may not know, they explain it well here:
Collagen Peptides (blue lid – 18g protein/serving):
The peptides are gelatin proteins broken down into their constituent peptide chains. This is what happens naturally when you boil broth too hard and it will not gel, the gelatin has been broken down. The collagen peptides have the advantage that you can mix them into cold/cool liquids, as well as hot/warm, without them “gelling” or congealing. However, you cannot use them in recipes that call for gelatin. You may add our peptides to cold or hot beverages such as a smoothie, juice, flavored water, tea or coffee, as well as a variety of foods like pancakes, oatmeal, brownies, dessert bars, soups or sauces to boost the protein content.
I know, it’s super cool. And it’s important stuff for your gut, hair, skin, and nails. But on with the cookies…
What IS a s’more, really? I mean of course it’s got a cookie and melted chocolate, but the crucial ingredient is the roasted marshmallow. Right? And what is a marshmallow? It’s sugar and gelatin. GELATIN. Now, I used the collagen peptides to make these, not the gelatin, but the flavor is remarkably similar to a s’more. In fact, it was my husband and kids who brought it to my attention, and gave these cookies their name. That’s some serious kid and husband approval 🙂
✦ Use my coupon code COCONUT to get 20% OFF Vital Proteins, plus FREE shipping in the U.S. (valid through Saturday, March 12, 2016).
So who wants a chewy gooey easy gluten-free s’more cookie? I know you do 🙂 That was a rhetorical question.
Easy Gluten-Free S’mores Cookies
1 cup cashew butter (or almond butter*)
1/2 cup collagen peptides (Don’t forget to use my coupon code COCONUT to get 20% off plus free shipping)
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup cashew flour (or almond flour*)
1/2 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
*Cookies made with almond butter and almond flour will not have the same flavor.
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper, and set the oven to 350F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine with an electric mixer. The dough will be very sticky.
- Fill a mini ramekin or bowl with water. Wet the cookie dough scoop in the water and then use it to get a scoop of dough. Use the lever to drop the dough onto the lined sheet.
- Wet the scoop in the water again and repeat, leaving 3 inches between the cookies for expansion.
- Bake the cookies for about 9 minutes or until the edges are beginning to brown, keeping a close eye on them.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet then enjoy.
- These are best eaten right away, but can be stored uncovered, on parchment paper, inside a cabinet.
Makes about 18 cookies
Note: This is a sponsored post, but the opinions are my own, and I would never promote anything I didn’t strongly believe in.