I released this recipe last month in my Spunky Newsletter, but so many people emailed me, asking if I would post it online (so they can bookmark it, Pin it, etc.) So here it is! These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are so yummy! Just like the original gluten-free cinnamon rolls recipe they’re based on, these have the chewiest dough I’ve ever achieved with grain-free baking 🙂 AND like the originals, they too are free of nuts, eggs, and dairy!!!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
optional: 1/4 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1.5 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut sugar, as desired
- Set the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients with a whisk. (Don’t skip this step! The psyllium powder will clump together if not properly combined with the flours before adding the wet ingredients.)
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix with an electric mixer.
- Press the dough together, then lay it on parchment paper. Flour the top lightly, then roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together the filling ingredients, then spread the filling onto the dough.
- Roll the dough fairly tightly, then slice into 8 rolls. Arrange the rolls in a lightly greased dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Top with glaze.
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup honey
1 cup macadamia nuts (use less for thinner icing)
1 teaspoon vanilla etract
1. Blend glaze ingredients in the blender until completely smooth.