We had a nice (but very short) visit in Colorado, and we’re now in upstate New York for my amazing sister in-law’s wedding. THIS is how we spent the morning: outside by the lake, drinking tea and coffee. As I type Andy is getting ready to serve lunch: roasted potatoes, bacon, and eggs. Nothing fancy, but so comforting. I couldn’t wait until we get back to California to share this recipe with you though! I’m so crazy about these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars!
The top reminds me of the the cream cheese layer of a black-bottom cupcake. I don’t think I’ve had one of those in over ten years. You better believe I’m going to bake my Chocolate Cupcakes with this “cheesecake” and make my own black-bottom cupcakes when we get home! But back to these bars. I like a small amount of spices in the cheesecake, but you can add as much as you want. I hope you love them as much as we do 🙂
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
2 cups cashews
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1. Set the oven to 325 F.
2. Combine all of the Layer One ingredients in a mixing bowl using a handheld mixer.
3. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, then press the mixture evenly across the bottom.
4. Add the Layer Two ingredients to the blender and puree until smooth.
5. Pour Layer Two over Layer One, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the middle is slightly set.
6. Allow the bars to cool on the counter, then refrigerate to set completely.
Makes about 9 bars.
Be sure to sign up to my new Spunky Newsletter for more recipes, news, and subscriber giveaways!