This has been a big week for us. BIG 🙂 My friend, George took my new author photos (bloopers here), Spunky Facebook likes reached 100,000, AND the blog got a new ‘do. What do you think? I’m so in love with it. And so in love with my husband who put it all together. He’s the best. Working together isn’t for everyone, but it’s totally for us. I’ve got the photography and recipe developing, and he’s got the business mind and design skills. Match made in heaven.
Another really big change is that my email list is switching to a newsletter format. The way it works is once a week I’ll email you, my lovely subscribers, and let you know what’s new, and link to the latest post if there is one that week. I’m also going to be including bonus recipes, and other free goodies in the newsletter as often as possible. Are you as excited about that as I am?! Eeek! I’ve been taking notes on the kind of recipes and posts you’re asking for, and I can’t wait to give them to you!
In supreme celebration of everything I just said 🙂 I give you hazelnut cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. Oh yeah. Of course, these gluten-free cupcakes are great alone, but let me just say that hazelnut flour begs for buttercream and chocolate. Who am I to say no?
Chocolate Hazelnut Gluten-free Cupcakes
grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free
¼ cup honey
2 large eggs
¼ cup palm shortening or ghee, at room temperature
1 cup dairy-free 80% dark chocolate chocolate, chopped
- Set the oven to 350F, and line the muffin pans with 8 paper cups. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients with a handheld mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine with a handheld mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Use a large (1/3 cup) ice cream scoop with a lever to transfer the batter to the paper cups. OR use a spoon and fill the cups so that there is about 1/2 inch of room at the top.
- Bake for about 22 minutes, or until the tops are slightly golden.
Makes about 8.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
based on Chocolate Frosting, p. 64, The Paleo Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook
1/2 cup palm shortening (I buy my palm shortening )
1/2 cup ghee, at room temperature
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/4 cup raw cacao powder, sifted
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
vanilla liquid stevia, to taste
- Mix together all of the frosting ingredients.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes using a #1M Open Star Tip.