All of Josh’s recipes are DELISH and his photos are GORGE. And what’s even more amazing is that Josh started his blog when he was just 16-years-old. If you aren’t already a fan of his, take a minute to read his incredible story. Josh is such an inspiration to us all, and I’m so grateful for his friendship. You can see Josh and I HERE, and a recipe he let me share HERE.
I’ve known for a long time that Josh was working on a cookbook. I also knew that it would be a masterpiece. I was so excited when I got a review copy in my hands this week!
After going over the book about a million times I decided to make Josh’s Fragrant Indian Cauliflower “Couscous.” I had almost all of the ingredients already, which is really the main reason I chose it first. There are so many other recipes in the book that I’m also psyched to make, but they will have to wait until I go shopping.
Here I am holding the book! I can’t wait until you try this recipe! YUM!!!!
I’m so happy for you Josh! It’s beyond stunning. I know I said that to you already, but I can’t stop saying it!
I made a couple minor changes so Josh said I could share this recipe with you! Here it is!
based on Slim Palate Paleo Cookbook
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
pinch of ground cloves
For the “Couscous”
1 head cauliflower, trimmed
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
fresh cilantro, as desired
1. Combine the spices and set aside.
2. Cut the cauliflower into small uniform pieces. Pulse the pieces in about 3 batches, using a food processor fitted with the S blade.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over about medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic until softened, then add the spice mix, and cook for about 1 minute longer.
4. Add the cauliflower “couscous” and lime juice. Stir to combine.
5. Put a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh cilantro.
Be sure to sign up to the new Spunky Newsletter for more free recipes and exclusive giveaways!