I am bonkers for orange and ginger marmalade, but it was Andy who had the idea to use it in my thumbprint Christmas cookies. Excellent idea. Also, I wanted to try this recipe with an egg for those of you who prefer that, and I used coconut sugar to see if it would work. I had to add a tablespoon of water to get the dough to stick with the coconut sugar (rather than honey), and then it was good to go. If you prefer an egg-free version, click here to see my original thumbprint cookie recipe.
Orange & Ginger Marmalade Thumbprint Cookies
1/3 cup arrowroot flour
1/3 cup almond meal flour
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, liquified
3 tablespoons coconut sugar + 1 tablespoon water OR 3 tablespoons honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, brought to room temp in a bowl of hot water (cold eggs will harden the ghee or coconut oil)
Ginger & Orange Marmalade with no added sugar
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the coconut sugar (if using), salt, arrowroot, almond flour, and coconut flour to a bowl and combine.
- Add the oil, honey (if using), vanilla, and egg to a separate bowl and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine with an electric mixer.
- Roll into little balls and place on unbleached parchment paper.
- Use you fingers to create an indentation and fill it with ginger and orange marmalade with no added sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Makes 15 to 20 cookies, depending on their size.