Makes about 8 servings.
4 cups chopped yellow onion
8 cloves garlic, chopped
2 pounds 1 pound ground turkey
2 (15 oz) cans fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1) In a large pot saute the onions and garlic in coconut oil for about five minutes.
2) Add the ground turkey and break it up with a spatula as it cooks for about five minutes.
3) Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and bring to a simmer.
4) Simmer without a lid for about 15 minutes.
5) Add more chicken broth to thin slightly if desired.
6) Serve with a nice big salad.