Double Paleo Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
egg-free paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free
1/2 cup raw almond butter or sunbutter with no added sugar
1/2 cup packed, soft pitted Medjool dates
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
optional: 1.5 oz finely chopped dark chocolate
40 g raw cacao butter (melted dark chocolate would also work)
1 teaspoon honey
- Add the almond butter or sunbutter and dates to the food processor with the S blade, and puree.
- Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, vanilla and salt, and puree until it starts sticking together. Optional: Fold in chopped dark chocolate.
- Use a 3/4 oz (size 40) scoop with a lever or your hands to make 12 balls.
- Put the cookies on a piece of unbleached parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the cacao butter and honey over a double boiler until just melted, then turn off the heat.
- Spoon the mixture over the cold cookies and chill to solidify. I did this a few times to use up all of the cacao butter.
- Store in the fridge.