If you’ve been waiting to buy my Real Food Recipes from the Spunky Coconut, now is the time to get it. It’s part of an eBook bundle with 39 other cookbooks and health books, with 28 coupons: all for $39. But Monday is the last day! (August 31, 2015)
Double Paleo Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
egg-free paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free
1/2 cup raw almond butter or sunbutter with no added sugar
1/2 cup packed, soft pitted Medjool dates
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
optional: 1.5 oz finely chopped dark chocolate
40 g raw cacao butter (melted dark chocolate would also work)
1 teaspoon honey
- Add the almond butter or sunbutter and dates to the food processor with the S blade, and puree.
- Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, vanilla and salt, and puree until it starts sticking together. Optional: Fold in chopped dark chocolate.
- Use a 3/4 oz (size 40) scoop with a lever or your hands to make 12 balls.
- Put the cookies on a piece of unbleached parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the cacao butter and honey over a double boiler until just melted, then turn off the heat.
- Spoon the mixture over the cold cookies and chill to solidify. I did this a few times to use up all of the cacao butter.
- Store in the fridge.