These cookies have raw cacao powder inside and raw cacao butter outside. You could also add chopped dark chocolate to the cookies for an even more chocolatey experience :-) I made them with SunButter so they have a bit of "peanut" flavor, but I think they would be even better with raw almond butter. They're based on the no-bake cookies in Paleo Chocolate Lovers'.
My husband says these cookies look Christmasy. And with Christmas in mind, I wanted to share THIS beautiful message of love with all of my friends who celebrate Christmas, especially with Black Friday coming this week.
The sun is shining again after two cold rainy days, and I'm about to go take a walk and soak it in. I hope you have a great weekend!
Double Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free
1/2 cup raw almond butter or sunbutter with no added sugar
1/2 cup packed, soft pitted Medjool dates
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
optional: 1.5 oz finely chopped dark chocolate
40 g raw cacao butter (melted dark chocolate would also work)
1 teaspoon honey
1) Add the almond butter or sunbutter and dates to the food processor with the S blade, and puree.
2) Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, vanilla and salt, and puree until it starts sticking together.
Optional: Fold in chopped dark chocolate.
3) Use a 3/4 oz (size 40) scoop with a lever or your hands to make 12 balls.
4) Put the cookies on a piece of unbleached parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
5) Meanwhile heat the cacao butter and honey over a double boiler until just melted, then turn off the heat.
6) Spoon the mixture over the cold cookies and chill to solidify. I did this a few times to use up all of the cacao butter.
7) Store in the fridge.