The clock is ticking down to our move! In a little more than two weeks we will all pile into the car and drive west! It’s donate, sell, and pack time around here, and the girls and I are loving it!
I don’t know what we’re more excited about: living in California for 9 months or The Paleo Chocolate Lovers’ cookbook tour we’ll be taking up the coast! I don’t have the exact dates yet, because our book release is going to be sooner than thought since Costco made an order (eeeek!!!). But I can tell you that the tour will be in early October, and will include LA, San Francisco (launch party there), Portland and Seattle.
And speaking of all this driving, I would LOVE to know your favorite Paleo road food. If you could, please share in the comments!
Finally, here is… not really a recipe so much as a flavor combo recommendation for ya I shared it on Instagram about a week ago, and I thought I would post it here too. It really is crazy good!
Butternut Squash with Ginger & Orange Marmalade
1 whole butternut squash
Toppings Per Serving:
pinch of sea salt
sprinkle of ground cinnamon
about 2 tablespoons Ginger & Orange Marmalade
handful of roasted cashews
1) Place a whole butternut squash in the crock pot. Don’t cut or poke it. Add 2 cups of water and set to 4 hours high.
2) When the squash has finished cooking remove the lid and let the squash cool until you can handle it. Remove the skin and scoop out the seeds.
3) Set the squash in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl for a while OR squeeze the squash in a clean dry kitchen towel to remove some of the moisture.
4) Add one serving of squash to each bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt and cinnamon.
5) Heat the marmalade and pour it over the squash.
6) Crush the cashews and sprinkle them on top.
7) Dive in.