We have been obsessed with gelatin lately. We made this grape gelatin with plums (above) twice, and the second time was a double batch. Today I’m making more using lemon ginger tea! Gelatin has 9 grams of protein per tablespoon, and with no added sugar, this is a healthy treat.
Do you make your own gelatin treats? What flavor do you make?
Grape Gelatin with Plums
1 cup water, just off the boil
2 tbsp gelatin
2 cups grape juice (I use Knudsen Organic Just Concord)
Optional: a few drops of stevia
a squeeze of lemon juice
1) Pour the water (just off the boil) into a glass measuring cup with a spout.
2) Add the gelatin and whisk until completely combined.
3) Pour the hot liquids to a glass dish with a lid.
4) Add grape juice, stevia (if using) and lemon juice. Gently stir to combine.
5) Refrigerate until set.
6) Scoop into glasses and top with sliced ripe plums.
Here is another gelatin-like treat using agar: