Whenever we visit Andy’s parents in the Adirondack Mountains Zoe loves to walk around the woods picking tart wild blueberries. She loves them so much that she will not eat store bought blueberries. Zoe is a blueberry snob. haha!
These Paleo muffins have amazing texture, which is surprising since they don’t contain any starch. I used flax meal in place of the arrowroot and the results are equally good. These muffins are cake-like, but with some grittiness from the shredded coconut. So delish. And there’s only 1/4 cup of honey in all 12 muffins, thanks to my good friend Mr. Stevia 🙂 I would keep on and on about my love for these muffins, but it’s time for breakfast here, so I’m off now to eat one now.
Shredded Coconut Blueberry Paleo Muffins
grain-free, Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free
5 eggs, brought to room temp in a bowl of hot tap water
3/4 cup applesauce with no added sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 tsp liquid vanilla stevia
1 & 1/2 cups blueberries
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Immediately fold in the blueberries (the batter will thicken as it sits, so fold the blueberries in right away).
- Use an ice cream sized scoop with a lever (a 1/3 cup scoop) to fill 12 unbleached muffin cups. Note: If you don’t use a scoop the tops just won’t be quite so round.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.