Dairy Free Quiche, Pizza Flavor!
gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free
Makes two quiche.
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (for the crust)
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 onion, diced
2 handfuls spinach (I used frozen spinach, but I think fresh would also work)
heaping 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt, plus a pinch for the sweet potatoes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Note: OR substitute the onions, spinach and olives with your favorite pizza toppings.
1) Set the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thin.
3) Grease 2 dishes and arrange the sliced sweet potatoes across the bottom, overlapping slightly, for your crust. (see a photo of this here)
4) Season the sweet potato crust with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
5) Saute the diced onion then divide it evenly between the two.
6) Add a handful of black olives and a handful of spinach to each (I used frozen spinach that was thawed then squeezed through a kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible).
7) In the blender puree the coconut milk and the sundried tomatoes.
8) Add the eggs, salt, garlic and oregano and puree again.
Note: the blended eggs will be nice and frothy.
9) Pour the egg mixture evenly over them and bake right away so it has as much air as possible.
10) Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
11) Let them cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: They will deflate as they cool, but they will still taste nice and light.