Dairy Free Quiche Pizza!
gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free
Makes two quiche.
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes (for the crust)
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 onion, diced
2 handfuls spinach (I used frozen spinach, but I think fresh would also work)
heaping 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt, plus a pinch for the sweet potatoes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Optional: substitute the onions, spinach and olives with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thin.
- Grease 2 dishes and arrange the sliced sweet potatoes across the bottom, overlapping slightly, for your crust. (see a photo of this here)
- Season the sweet potato crust with sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute the diced onion then divide it evenly between the two.
- Add a handful of black olives and a handful of spinach to each (I used frozen spinach that was thawed then squeezed through a kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible).
- In the blender puree the coconut milk and the sundried tomatoes.
- Add the eggs, salt, garlic and oregano and puree again. Note: the blended eggs will be nice and frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over them and bake right away so it has as much air as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
- Let them cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: They will deflate as they cool, but they will still taste nice and light.