Tonight I made another dish inspired by Jamie, and it is so simple, you’re going to love it. He used fresh garlic and thyme, which I didn’t have, but the method is basically the same. You can see Jamie’s recipe here. And if you don’t already follow him on Instagram, you should. I love seeing his house and kids. Oh yes, and his food 🙂
Roasted Rainbow Carrots
2 bunches rainbow carrots (the dark ones above are purple, not burned)
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops to about 1 inch and scrub the carrots well. Set them on a kitchen towel to dry.
- When they are dry add them to a sheet. (You know I only use stainless because aluminum anywhere in the oven will transfer to your food as it cooks.)
- Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic (I like to go lighter on the garlic). Toss to coat.
- Cover the top with another sheet turned upside down so that the carrots steam inside.
Note: This would also work in a dutch oven that has a lid, if you have one to fit the whole carrots.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Note: Some of my carrots were much thinner than the rest, so I held them back for the first 20 minutes of baking, then added them. Otherwise they would have been mush.
- Remove the top and roast uncovered for about 20 minutes more.