Tonight I made another dish inspired by Jamie, and it is so simple, you’re going to love it. He used fresh garlic and thyme, which I didn’t have, but the method is basically the same. You can see Jamie’s recipe here. And if you don’t already follow him on Instagram, you should. I love seeing his house and kids. Oh yes, and his food
Roasted Rainbow Carrots
2 bunches rainbow carrots (the dark ones above are purple, not burned)
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
1) Set the oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut the tops to about 1 inch and scrub the carrots well. Set them on a kitchen towel to dry.
3) When they are dry add them to a sheet. (You know I only use stainless because aluminum anywhere in the oven will transfer to your food as it cooks.)
4) Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic (I like to go lighter on the garlic). Toss to coat.
5) Cover the top with another sheet turned upside down so that the carrots steam inside.
Note: This would also work in a dutch oven that has a lid, if you have one to fit the whole carrots.
6) Bake covered for 30 minutes.
Note: Some of my carrots were much thinner than the rest, so I held them back for the first 20 minutes of baking, then added them. Otherwise they would have been mush.
7) Remove the top and roast uncovered for about 20 minutes more.