Chorizo and Eggs with Avocado
gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free
1 finely chopped green pepper
1 pound of chorizo sausage (I use Mulay’s Natural from Natural Grocers)
7 eggs (or more as needed to serve your family)
1 to 2 ripe avocados
1) Set your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Saute the green pepper in a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over low to medium heat for about five minutes.
3) Crumble your chorizo in next (remove the casing if it came in casing)
4) Saute until the chorizo is cooked through, about five minutes
5) Crack your eggs over the top (don’t worry if some yolks break—maybe one of your kids prefers them that way? —one of mine does)
6) Bake for about ten minutes, or until the eggs are done the way you like.
Note: Make sure everyone knows that the skillet was in the oven and NOT to touch it (yea, I’ve done that—ouch!)
7) Top with sliced avocado.