Yummy Dairy Free Yogurt Drink (vegan)

Update: My Dairy Free-Ice Cream book is out of print. It will be re-released as a bigger and better book by Victory Belt this June, 2014.

Here is a recipe from my book, Dairy-Free Ice Cream:

Yummy Dairy Free Yogurt Drink

You can use this Yummy Yogurt Drink to make the frozen yogurts in my dairy-free ice cream book, or use it to create a recipe of your own. It’s so simple, the only hard part is waiting while it does its magic.

I gave away one recipe page from my book over on my good friend, Lexie’s Kitchen, and now I’m giving away just one more. Click to see it larger:

Click HERE for a cashew milk video.

Click HERE for a heating pad with NO automatic shut off.

If you like my ice cream book, please leave me an Amazon review. It helps people find the book. I really appreciate it!

I know summer is normally a time of year when some of us kick things up a notch. Kids are home, there’s lots of activities and racing around.

For me it’s kind of the opposite. I don’t do much running around during the (home)school year, but in the summer I do even less.
Lazy days of summer.

Maybe it’s partly because I don’t keep the house very cold and the heat makes us sleepy ;-) And we really do eat ice cream all year round, but more than ever in the summer.

Comments

I am going to try this. I don’t miss wheat, but I really miss yogurt, and I did not like the coconut milk yogurt at the health food store. Once again, Kel, you are a genuis.

Ginger is so precious – what a face.

Jenny L.

2. Helen B says

Kelly, this looks like a real winner, I just wish I could get your book in the UK. Amazon UK don’t seem to stock it which is strange as I never normally have a problem getting non-UK cookbooks.
    Are you doing a PDF version of your books at all as that would solve the problem!
    Love your blogs!

AnaRoo, I make something similar to this and have always used just coconut milk (canned, full-fat). I would bet it would work just as well…

Thanks Jenny! Love seeing you pop up in my comments :-)

Thanks GFHappyTummy!

Thanks Helen! No, I’m not doing a PDF. I did an eBook of my Baked Goods & Desserts, and it sells very little.

AnaRoo, I agree with Nicole. I would also try almond milk maybe :-)

5. Elese says

Kelly , can’t wait to try this. Luv, luv, luv your beautiful new book! I’m inspired and ready to fire up the ice cream maker. :) I want to try your cherry yogurt pops, they are so beautiful…thought I’d try them with all sorts of fresh goodies this summer, maybe blueberries, peaches, apricots? Baby Ginger is absolutely precious riding in the baby swing. :)

How did I miss this?? Wow! Thanks so much for sharing, Kelly. My DD and I can’t have dairy and we’ve been craving yogurt..

Do you mind posting a picture of how the yogurt looks like? Does it set like regular yogurt? Curious minds want to know. :)

I’m going to put in an order for your book soon. Thanks!

Thanks so much for sharing! I just made my cashew milk (which my daughter now loves!) and am doing the yogurt today! I am SO excited, I am missing the creaminess of yogurt and cheeses so terribly.

8. sproutsmama says

Yum, can’t wait to try. I have a yogurt maker that’s getting no love since we went dairy-free. I may try pouring the mixture in there to see if that works!

9. sproutsmama says

thanks! i have a yogurt maker that has been getting no love since we went dairy-free. i’m going to try pouring the milk mixture in there. can’t wait to try!

10. Ivy says

I’ve tried making this a couple times, and it always separates. It is super watery, not just like a little whey. I’m using homemade (full fat) coconut milk. What kind of coconut milk do you use?