Chia Pudding with Acai or Raw Cacao

acaichiapudding
I have been craving chia lately. And fish. And I never crave fish. This is my body’s way of telling me I need more essential fatty acid. I’m sure I’m giving most of it away to Ginger in my milk. So I’ve upped my intake of fish oil supplements, and I’ve been eating chia non-stop.
Last night I decided to make my breakfast chia pudding ahead and refrigerate it overnight. The longer chia sits in liquid the softer it becomes, and I was in the mood for some really soft chia. This pudding is a lot like tapioca, if you’re a fan of tapioca pudding.
I also thought it would be fun to mix in a spoonful of acai powder. It’s pretty (and full of antioxidants), and I like how it tastes. It isn’t very sweet though, so I did drizzle some honey on top.

You could leave out the acai powder, or use another powder. Zoe had hers with a little raw cacao powder. That was yummy too – I tried it :-)

Chia Pudding with Acai or Raw Cacao

Combine 1 cup of coconut milk and 2 tbsp of chia seeds in a dish.
Sprinkle about a teaspoon of Acai Powder or raw cacao powder on top.
Swirl the powder in with a spoon. (I didn’t combine it completely because I thought it was pretty like this, above)
Refrigerate overnight.
Drizzle with honey before eating.

Read more about chia HERE.

Comments

Great that you connected your cravings with a possible deficiency in your diet! This pudding sounds delicious. I always let my chia puddings sit overnight so that they get all mushy and soft. Way better that way if you ask me!

2. Carol says

Had this for breakfast this morning. It was delicious but a little watery. Next time I’ll use mor chia.

First chia pudding I’ve actually liked! I think leaving it overnight really helps the texture. I made it with coconut cream, increased the cocoa a bit, and sweetened with a but of maple syrup and stevia. My 4 year old said it was too lumpy. I wonder how it would turn out if I first blended the chia and milk in my vita mix.

Excellent idea! I recently made a Chocolate Hazelnut Chia Seed pudding (recipe on my blog if you’re interested) and can not tell you how excited I am to try this summery version.
    xo

This was wonderful! I’ve made it twice now since I saw your post this week. I’ve been using almond milk, adding goji berries and eating it unsweetened. So delicious and simple! Thanks for posting.

6. Hollyhair says

I made this with almond milk, it was so so good I had to double the recipe the next day…tyvm…Holly