Baby Food Popsicles

babyfoodpops3

Ginger has been loving feeding herself these frozen baby food popsicles. I’m fondly referring to them as “baby food pops.” They’re just pureed fruits and vegetables, frozen in BPA-free molds. The first ones we made were cherry and steamed green beans. She liked them, but they could have used some coconut cream or avocado to smooth out the texture.

(click to see it larger)

The last two flavors we made have been smooth and delish. They are avocado pear (pictured at the top) and nectarine kiwi banana (in the photo with Ginger). And not only does Ginger love feeding herself these baby food pops, but they’re great for her teething gums!

Acocado Pear Baby Food Popsicles

I pureed:
2 avocado
2 pear (skin removed)

I filled the molds half way, insert sticks, and froze.

I soaked in hot water for a minute to remove the pops from the mold.

Made about six.

Nectarine Kiwi Banana Baby Food Popsicles

I pureed:
3 nectarines
1 kiwi
about 2 inches of banana

I filled the molds half way, insert sticks, and froze.

I soaked in hot water for a minute to remove the pops from the mold.
Made about six.
Note: Everything I used was organic and ripe.

P.S. I know you’re going to ask what age these are for, but it all depends on the baby. Ginger is ready to eat them now, at ten months.

Comments

Oh Ginger is so cute and clearly likes her “pops”. My second daughter would not try any food until 1-year-old and I was really ready for some relief (because she was 100% breast milk up to that point). My girls might like a variation of these baby pops!

OMG! She is so adorable. What a cutie! I love these popsicle ideas. I wish I had them when I had my youngest, who is now 4.

It’s not a good idea. Frozen food is not good for the babies. If you want to build up strong immune system don’t give frozen food. Find informations online.

4. Marisa says

I just made the Avocado Pear Pops & used the leftover to feed my baby for dinner. She loves it as a baby food! Definitely will be making it as pops & baby food often! Thanks for the post!

My son is 2 1/2 now but he still loves his nana-cado ( puréed banana and avocado) we freeze it in single serving size and pop them out for lunch or dinner. He eats his at room temperature but the combo is great and nutritious. I’m going to try nana-pear next!

6. Hanna says

I’ve been desperate to find a way on how to make my tot eat her fruits and veggies. She’s such a fussy eater. Good thing a pediatric dietician showed me this blog. Thanks for this post.

just so you know, i have been slightly obsessing over these pops for like, months now! I originally intended to make them for my teething niece, but now that my husband is sick with the flu & soar throat I am using that as an excuse to make them for us! LOL is that wrong? I will be attempting this tonight. BTW thanks for the amazon link. Bought the same molds!

I see the link to the popsicle mold; is that the same one? It looks bigger. Or did you just fill them only half way, and use wooden sticks instead of the included base(s). How did you get the wooden sticks to stay in the right position while freezing?

• Anonymous says

Fill moulds halfway, place plastic wrap taut over the whole deal, gently pierce wooden sticks through and they will stay put to freeze.

Thank you for reminding me how simple real foods can be when making frozen treats for the kiddos.
    Your children are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

11. Katie says

Awesome! my sister just sent me this link and I’ve already got a batch in the freezer. Not all of it made it there… Spillage, you understand :)

12. Cristy says

What a faboulous idea! I am definitely making these for my 9 month old girl and probably experimenting with other flavour combinations!