Dairy-Free Ice Cream cookbook released!

I’m super excited to tell you that my dairy-free ice cream book is now available! I don’t know if anyone can be tired of eating ice cream (even after writing an ice cream cookbook), but we definitely are not :-)

I was trying to decide what my favorite flavor is, but I really can’t choose. It all depends on my mood. But every day is a good day for ice cream.

New chapter pages appear in turquoise with the flavors in a frame (as seen above). The chapters include: Classics, Coffee & Tea, Cake & Cookies, and Yogurt, Pops & Sherbet.

Here are a few flavors from each chapter: Chai, Rooibos, and Jasmine tea ice creams. Rocky Road, Butter Pecan, Pistachio, and Brownie Batter ice creams. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches, Lemon Lime Frozen Yogurt, Almond & Chocolate Pudding Pops, and Coconut Water Sherbet.

The spreads above give you a sense of the overall book design. I think it’s so pretty, but I’m very biased—Andy and I designed it together :-)
I am selling this book in my eStore. Use code APYTME6C for a 10% discount.
It is also available on Amazon. If you enjoy the recipes please leave an Amazon review—it helps other people find the book.

Comments

Congratulations! It does look beautiful.
    One question – do all the recipes assume an icecream maker? Are there any suggestions on modifying the recipes to be made without one? i.e. are they all suitable for the freezer-hourly mix up method??

Thanks for all the work you do, and for the great blog.

- Fi -

I’m new to your site and super excited to have found you. I’m gf 2 years now and it changed my life. Now I’ve gone sf (other than natural sweeteners, still weaning myself off those.) I’ve been lactose intolerant most of my life, but can enjoy an occasional bite or two of dairy cheeses. I’m buying this book either way, but wanted to let you know the discount code was not working.

Hi Kelly,

I am so excited about your book and tried to order from your site but the discount code would not apply for some reason.

Congrats on another great accomplishment!
    -Stacey

4. Shawna says

Hi Kelly!

Tried to use your 10% off code and it wouldn’t work on your website. Help?

Thanks!
    Shawna

Ice-cream is in the air! I have a new experiment chilling to go into the ice-cream maker tomorrow, using coconut milk sweetened with pureed dates. Now I need this book to give me more ideas on how to experiment! You are right, it does look beautiful, too! :)

Congratulations Kelly! You have done it again. Fabulous book. Just fabulous. EVERY recipe has tempted me and the five I’ve already tasted blew my tastebuds. I think I’d better go ahead and buy that second insert for my Cuisinart ice cream maker ’cause it’s gonna be a summer of Spunky Coconut ice cream!!! xoLexie

Hi there,
    Do you need an ice cream maker to make most of your recipes in the book? Also, we follow the SCD diet and so could I substitute honey for other sweeteners you have in your recipes?
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Hi there,
    Do you need an ice cream maker to make the ice cream in your book? Also, we follow the SCD diet, so could I substitute honey for other sweeteners in your recipes?
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Hi there,
    Thanks,
    Kristina

As I’m sitting here reading this blog post, I am eating your extra-creamy mint ice cream with the flourless brownies!! And it is AMAZING!! This is my first ice cream recipe that I’ve tried from you. Needless to say, I am SO excited about this new book and I am already convinced I need to buy it :).

11. Jennifer says

Please consider releasing an ebook, when shipping costs as much or more from the States to buy a book I really hesitate to purchase it. I am sure many of my fellow Canadians feel likewise. Thank you.

12. Elese says

Congratulations Kelly! Your new book looks beautiful, and perfect timing for a book of frozen treats, just heading into summer. I can’t wait to get it! Your other books are such a blessing to my family–last week we enjoyed your banana bread (twice) and then your delicious coffee cake…we think your recipes taste SO much better than “regular” versions (with sugar/gluten, etc) that we used to eat back in the “old days”(before going GF/CF/SF)
    :) Thanks for all your work and experimentation to create recipes that work so beautifully.

Can’t wait for my Ice Cream cookbook to arrive tomorrow. Just made the Ginger Fudge Swirl icecream from your other cookbook….WOW! My clients who need to eat dairy free are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. Thanks for all your hard work to bring the YUM of summer’s favorite treat to us all. Jeanne

Kelly! I have your grain-free cookbook, and this one looks just as great! IT LOOKS SOO GOOD :) The photos are amazing! It’s so exciting you are releasing another book. IS that pistachio on the front?? I can’t wait to see this in stores? Will it be sold in B+N?

Wow, congratulations that is really awesome. I love seeing real food continue to makes it’s way back into our world. I love it and now I am craving ice cream.

I received your book today and it looks great. I went to make the Vanilla Ice Cream recipe and noticed the measurement for the honey or raw agave is 1/2.
    Is that 1/2 cup or 1/2 tablespoon?

Thanks!

17. Pam Strong says

Wow! We love your Dairy-Free Ice Cream book and have made 6 recipes so far! Love them all, scrumptious! However, the chocolate ice cream was crumbly in serving and in taste. I did not use Medjool dates, just regular dates. Could that be the reason? Any other thoughts?

18. Teri Lloyd says

I went to order your The Spunky Coconut Dairy-Free Ice Cream Cookbook: Soy-Free, Sugar-Free, Vegan but it is for sale for $500. Is it still for sale?