Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins

GlutenFreeBlueberryMuffins
I’ve been working on another muffin recipe, and I think I finally got it :-) These are super simple little guys, that would probably work with any fruit inside, but I’ve been making them with defrosted blueberries. Enjoy!

Easy Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins

Add to bowl:
4 eggs
1/4 cup butter, ghee or palm shortening (as tolerated)
1/4 cup honey
Beat with mixer.
Add:
1/3 cup arrowroot flour
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Beat again.
Let it rest for about 5 minutes.
Add:
1.5 cups of defrosted blueberries
Fold blueberries into batter.
Fill unbleached muffin cups almost full.
Bake at 350 for about 24 minutes.
Makes about 9 muffins.

Comments

These sound great! Love the use of tapioca flour; it’s such a great starch. YUM! I bought frozen blackberries yesterday, I should try mixing up the berries.

Yum. You are just the cat’s meow. These look great! What is your trick with the blueberries? Whenever I use frozen blueberries, they bleed into the batter and turn it purple!

3. Jerri-lynn says

Hello…the flavor of the stevia….Chocolate Raspberry … is bewildering me… the thought of chocolate in a blueberry muffin sounds bizarre to me…do you taste the chocolate? Is there an alternative ? Thank you for any input.

4. Beth N says

Just made these. Instead of stevia I did a smidge of lemon extract. The honey gave it plenty of sweetness. These came out beautifully. It’s hard to replace throw root a it’s a natural thickener. Maybe tapioca?

5. Wendy Tabart says

These sound Yum! I’d like to make them dairy free. Have you tried anything as an alternative to the butter with success? Thanks for sharing, Wendy

6. Ashley says

I live in on the eastern shore of Maryland, and most flour replacement ingredients are difficult to find. Is there a way to avoid arrow root?

7. Samantha says

I made these with cranberries and also added 2-3 tsp of orange juice, orange zest, and 1 less egg. Used coconut oil in place of butter, and used regular stevia. Absolutely delicious!!