Comments

Well, I was terrified of the black bean brownie after having my very own disaster with it when I tried to create one with date paste instead of agave. But I think this seems like a better approach. :)

WTG, Lillian, I miss your face! :)

1 tablespoon is not 2 teaspoons, it’s 3 teaspoons. When baking it is not a good idea to use a liquid measuring cup for dry ingredients. We may have to try an egg free version soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Honey, a tablespoon equals three teaspoons, but it doesn’t look like more vanilla did any harm. ;-) Great job! :-) As I tweeted, I’m a fan of yours, Kelly’s, and Donielle’s so this post is a win-win-win. ;-)

xo,
    Shirley

Nice job. Most people wouldn’t even try to use beans in cake goods, but it really quite good when done right. I started with pinto beans in a spice cake recipe that they gave me at church.
    I’m replacing the chocolate with carob, and the agave with honey.
    And TBH, the nutritional value makes it a guilt-free breakfast thing in my mind.
    Thanks,
    ~MW

When I’m short on time, I use a gluten free brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup almond milk an 1/4 cup grapeseed oil. I put semisweet dark chocolate morsels on top before baking. The whole family loves them and Shhhh, hubby doesn’t know there are black beans in the recipe. (:

Yum! I’ll be trying this asap. By the way, WTG is Way To Go. haha. I’ve noticed that baked goods with beans always taste better cold too.

7. Barbara B. says

Thank you for the new recipe. I look forward to trying this recipe. I think I’ll try cooking it in my 9″ square pan though instead of the 9×13. I like my brownies a bit thicker.