What is it about kids and popsicles? They just go together These homemade fruit popsicles are the simplest to make, and the kids love them. I treasure moments like these.
Super Easy Watermelon Fruit Popsicles
about 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon (or watermelon with seeds removed)
3 kiwi fruits
½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
1 banana, sliced into pieces just wide enough to fit in the mold
- Put the watermelon in a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut each kiwi in half. Run a spoon around the edge where the skin meets the fruit to scoop out each half in one piece. Cut each half in half again lengthwise if the kiwi won’t fit in the pop mold.
- Divide the kiwi pieces, banana slices, and blueberries among the 6 molds. To ensure that the kiwi and banana are the most visible after freezing, press them against the sides of the molds.
- Fill the molds with watermelon puree, add the sticks, then freeze.
- To remove the pops from the molds, place them in a bowl of very hot water for 10 seconds or more to loosen them.
Note: I use these fun Tovolo molds because they’re BPA-free—woohoo!