Our Spunky Holiday Round-Up!

First I want to give a big thank you to everyone who participated in this, the first holiday round-up here at Our Spunky Holiday! You guys have definitely helped so many (including myself!) in gathering recipes for Easter or Passover! I can’t wait to see what you make for the next Our Spunky Holiday, the 4th of July!

To kick things off we have Pound Cake with Nutella, from Jenn.

Above is a Cherry Almond Tart, by Debbie, from the eBook Fun With Gluten-Free Low-Glycemic Food

(Debbie is sharing this recipe here, since it isn’t available online)

Gluten-Free Crust

Ingredients:
2 Tblsps. Unsalted Ghee or cold-pressed virgin Coconut Oil, for vegans
¼ tsp. Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt
1 tsp. Kuzu or Arrowroot Powder for firmer crust
¼ c Amaranth or Coconut flour
¾ c Almond Meal/flour, finely ground – you may buy or grind your own in blender

For Nut-Sensitive People: Instead of nut meals, use 1 cup Amaranth or Coconut Flour or combination, and use extra oil; ¼ cup or more if needed to stick together.

1. Melt Unsalted Ghee or Coconut Oil on low heat in pie pan, if you want to wash fewer pans.

2. Mix in Almond Meal, Salt and Kuzu, if you use it, right in pie pan.
Important: mix until mixture clumps together, so the Oil spreads evenly and will press well into pan and stay more fim.

3. Press into pie pan.

Filling Ingredients:

20 oz. frozen organic Sweet Black Cherries
¼ to ½ cup of Raisin Sauce or unsweetened organic Cherry or Apple Juice
1 Tbsp. Agar-Agar (no starch choice), 1 Tbsp. Kuzu (also a good choice, more alkaline) or 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot
I tsp. organic Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
1/8 tsp. Celtic or Krystal Salt
1/8 tsp. Stevia
½ tsp. Unsalted Ghee or Coconut Oil
½ cup slivered or ground Almonds

1. Thaw and drain liquid from Cherries. Drain well, into easy-pour container; then gently press Cherries in sieve to release most of the Juice without crushing the Cherries to much. Pour liquid into 1 cup measuring container.

2. Add Raisin Sauce, Cherry or Apple Juice to make up one cup of liquid total with the Juice from frozen, drained Cherries.

3. Pour liquid into Saucepan, then add Agar-Agar, Kuzu more alkaline) or Arrowroot and follow directions for whichever thickener you use. (Heat and stir until bubbling and thickened, stirring constantly, but continue to boil for four minutes if using Agar Agar.)

3. Add Vanilla Extract, Almond Extract, Salt, Stevia, and Unsalted Ghee or Coconut Oil.

4. Blend above mixture with Cherries and pour into crust of your choice.

5. Top with slivered or ground organic Almonds and bake at 350 degrees for fifteen to twenty minutes or until Almonds slightly browned. Cool and refrigerate to make more firm; then later serve at room temperature in winter, cooled in summer.

Pop Tarts, by Kate

Coconut Bites, by Angela

Bunny Cake, by Maria

Have a great Easter or Passover everyone!

PS I had close to 40 entries for this, so if I accidentally left you out, please email me again and I’ll add you to the round-up!

Comments

Great roundup–so many delectable recipes! This will give us all a great resource for those extra special holiday desserts (the best part of the meal in any case, right?) :) Have a great Easter, Kelly!

Oh, my goodness!! Kelly, this is the most fabulous round up – the only problem is how will I fit all of these into my Easter menu?? :)

Thank you so much for doing this – I can’t wait until the next Spunky Holiday!!

xo,
    Gigi

What an awesome round-up! I am going to have to expand my Easter Menu to include some of these!! I think I might have to invite a few more people over to help us eat it all, though!
    Thanks so much for putting this together! I loved checking out all of the recipes!
    xo
    k

Wow, what a fantastic collection of Easter recipes! Everything looks so good, I’m not sure what to start making first! ;) Thanks for including my recipe, Kelly, and for all of your work in putting this great roundup together. Happy Easter!

Wonderful round-up. I wish I had discovered it before today. Next time……

With Passover here, there are so many potato starch recipes that turn out to be delicious.

Happy holiday.

Oh my GOODNESS! It’s going to take me days to go through all of these because EACH ONE looks absolutely amazing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together; I know it was a lot of work!

7. Kristi B. says

Oh my! I have a whole list of desserts to be made now. What a great collection, thanks! I really appreciate all the entries that listed a substitute for the use of almond flour as I’m now sensitive to that (boo hoo!)

So many incredible recipes and photos … I just want to keep scrolling through them! I’d like to hire some of you folks to make some of the more precious treats that I never make, like the chocolate egg creations and your mock peanut butter cups, Kelly. Everything looks amazing here … great job, everyone! Thanks so much for hosting and doing all this hard work to make this lovely roundup, Kelly!

xo,
    Shirley

So many goodies…so little time! There are enough amazing recipes here to keep a girl cooking in the kitchen for quite some time. Thanks for the inspiration. A very Happy Easter to you and your family.

How fun! Wonderful Easter recipe ideas, love them! I’m so sad I didn’t know about this, I would have loved to share my Orange-Honey Roasted Carrots with Candied Pecans. Dangit. ;) Next time would you be so kind as to send me a personalized invitation to join your roundup? ;) haaahaaa!

Thought I had already commented, but, hmmm, not here. (If my comment is still in moderation, just delete this one, Kelly.) Anyway, this roundup is absolutely stellar! Everyone should be super proud of these recipes. Just fabulous all the way ’round. Thank you Kelly for hosting this event and getting it all together! Happy Easter!

xo,
    Shirley

Wow, such beautiful food, photos and recipe. Thanks for doing the roundup! I learned about it from Jeanine at the Baking Beauties and was hoping to share a new gluten-free, dairy-free, Hot Cross Bun recipe I just posted….Now I need to get busy and try some of these delicious recipes!