Creamy Rosted Garlic Dip (dairy-free)

I love a great creamy dip for holidays and parties, don’t you? This one is based on my bean dip recipe, on page 93 in my first cookbook. I made a few changes and voila, creamy roasted garlic dip :-) We never miss dairy with simple satisfying recipes like this. I didn’t have any on hand today for this photo, but one of our favorite “chips” for dip is peeled, thinly sliced jicama. If you’ve never bought jicama, I highly recommend it.
What dips or dishes do you have planned for upcoming parties or holidays? Tell us about it and/or share your links in the comments :-)

Dairy-free Creamy Rosted Garlic Dip

Add to Vita-Mix, Blendtec, or food processor:
1 cup cooked white beans, like navy beans or great northern beans
1/2 cup cashew, soaked at least 3 hours and strained
about 3/4 head roasted garlic* (skin removed)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Vegenaise Grapeseed Oil (or other mayonnaise)
1/4 tsp Herbamare seasoning
Puree till creamy and smooth.
*I roast garlic by slightly cutting the pointy top off the garlic head (so you can see the garlic inside), coating the top with coconut oil, and putting it in a greased oven-safe glass dish with a lid. Roast at 400 degrees for about an hour.

Comments

1. lori says

Kelly – can’t use cashews – love them, but my body doesn’t like them – could I substitute pine nuts,walnuts or macadamia nuts??

Yummy! Thanks for another great dairy-free recipe. We’ll DEFINITELY be trying it. I find dips one of the hardest foods to pass up since going dairy-free. I usually bring my own to parties so I don’t get tempted! I’m thinking of getting a BLendec. Do you love it? Everyone seems to be in the Vitamix camp but Blendtec seems to be better! I’d love your feedback! Thanks Kelly.

Lori, I’m sure that would work, I just don’t know how it would taste. Can you do almonds? I may try almonds some time :-)

Maggie, Thanks! CRAZY for my Blendtec! :-)

Mmmmm. I love bean dip. I’m going to try this recipe tonight. I have the cashews soaking and the garlic roasting. :-)

To comment of Maggie’s question, I have a blendtec too and love it! My sister just bought one and loves hers too. It’s small enough to leave out on the kitchen counter which I really like. The vitamix is a lot bigger.

5. Charlene says

Just made this. I am a cream/milk addict, but OMG this is sooooooo good! Who needs ranch dressing when we have garlic dip heaven. Thank you so much Kelly!

Great point, Lisa!

Thanks, Alta!

Thanks Charlene! I was a dairy addict myself, many moons ago. It used to be torture to see anything creamy, knowing I shouldn’t eat it. I’m so thrilled to hear you loved it :-) Hugs!