Gluten Free Peach Cobbler

gfpeachcobbler
I love peaches. Almost as much as I love nectarines. Usually we just eat them whole and raw, but this evening I decided to make a really simple gluten free peach cobbler. I had it all put together and in the oven in probably 15 minutes—it was so easy. I am eating it now, as I type—I couldn’t even wait until I finished my serving to share it with you! :-)

Gluten Free Peach Cobbler

Casein free, refined sugar free
Grease your dish. I used a deep ceramic pie dish.
Fill the dish with about six cups of fresh peeled sliced peaches (equal to about six peaches). You may need more or less depending on the size of your dish.
Puree the topping in the food processor:
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup ghee (which is casein-free) or coconut oil (or 2 tbsp of each, which is what I prefer)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Crumble the topping over the peaches.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Comments

Oh dear. Looks like dessert is set for tomorrow night!! P.S. You are in Boulder right? Any good gluten-free restaurants in Denver? I will be visiting next weekend, and would love to find some friendly restaurants. Cheers! Rebecca

this looks wonderful Kelly!! I love that you used walnuts in this crisp!! They are an often neglected but delicious little nut! I think peaches might have to be on the grocery list tonight on my way home!

Thanks Anonymous!

Thanks Carrie! I agree! Walnuts are so versatile and often neglected in favor of almond flour. I use them in my coffee cake topping too :-)

Becca, Thanks! Yes, check out my Restaurants label on the right hand column of my blog. Or you can search by “Denver” in the very top tan space on my blog. City O’ City, Watercourse Foods and Udi’s Cafe come to mind first though. They are all really good :-)

I love this tasty fruit cobbler!!

I recently bought coconut sugar for the 1st time!! I love it & it is good for you too! I will make this tomorrow!!

Looks so appetizing too!

oh my gosh ive been looking for a good healthy peach cobbler recipe.

this looks AMAZING!!!!

pies are the best, especially now that its getting colder

this recipe would be great in cup cake form too!

I have made this fab dessert yesterday using tiny Mirabelles sweet plums & white nectarines!! It was soo good & so fab with the coconut sugar and all!

MMMMMMMMM,..I love all of your tasty recipes!

This looks so yummy!! I wish there was a print option so that I could print only the recipe instead of having to print the whole page. Either way, can’t wait to try this!!

Going to make this now! I scored some peaches at the farmer’s market yesterday and was counting on you (& your blog) to have a grain-free recipe for cobbler!! Thank you!! I’ve been gluten-free for 2 years, but recently my doctor had me go grain-free. I feel so much better I suspect her instincts were spot-on!

Subbed pecans for walnuts, and then discovered to my horror that I had no almond meal! Subbed coconut flour. Turned out nicely. Thanks!