Caesar Dressing (soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free)

DairyFreeCaesarDressing
I’ve heard from several of you that you love the caesar dressing recipe in my cookbook :-) Thank you! But I’ve also heard from several of you that you can’t do any soy, not even the tiny bit that is in Vegenaise Grapeseed Oil. So I decide to make a completely soy-free (dairy-free) caesar dressing, and it came out tasting exactly like the original. Yay!
Also, I added chia seeds, not for flavor (they don’t add any flavor to the dressing), but to thicken it. This is something you could add to my cookbook caesar recipe too. Chia seeds are phenomenally good for you, and lately I’ve been using them to thicken lots of salad dressings and dips. Chia seeds have:

More Omega-3 than Atlantic Salmon
More Antioxidants than fresh blueberries
More Fiber than bran flakes
More Calcium than 2% milk
More Protein, Fiber & Calcium than flax seed

Cool. Love them! But on with the soy-free version of my recipe:

Caesar Dressing

(soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, Paleo)
I used my Magic Bullet for this. The Magic Bullet is great for when you need to puree a small amount, like a salad dressing. I also like to take it for smoothies when we travel because it’s nice and small :-)
Puree:
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cashew milk
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice would also work)
1/4 tsp Herbamare seasoning
about 1/2 clove of fresh garlic
1 tbsp Chia Seed (or 2 tbsp chia seed meal)

Comments

Sounds delicious! Quick question…does the magic bullet work as well as a coffee grinder for grinding chia and flax seeds? I dont own a coffee grinder or a magic bullet as of yet so im wondering if I need both or if the magic bullet would cover it all. Thank you and I love your cookbook!

Thanks Sharon! :-) And what a great question! I don’t know, I always use a coffee grinder. Next time I will try using the Magic Bullet and get back to you. Actually, I’ll ask everyone on Spunky Facebook right now. Maybe someone knows.

3. Kris F says

This salad dressing is hands down my absolute favorite! I have used this dressing in it’s original form, now I will try this one with the chia seeds.

Hmmm, no Magic Bullet or coffee grinder here, but I have plenty of chia seed and love the sound of this gf/df/soy-free recipe, Kelly! Caesar has long been one of my faves and like others I wanted it soy-free, too, but more importantly, I didn’t want to have to buy a product I don’t normally use. Chia seeds I do use a lot now. :-) I know … like you’re supposed to cater to me. LOL Thanks so much, dear!

Shirley

5. Virginia says

I made your Caesar dressing for tonight’s dinner, and it was wonderful! I used lemon juice, and added 3 anchovy filets, which gave the dressing an authentic Ceasar salad flavor. Very nice recipe ~ my new favorite!

I am new to your site and am enjoying what I am reading. Since buying my Thermomix I have really become aware of the rubbish we feed ourselves and our families and have been doing a lot of research to make it right. I love blogs like yours that have done the hard work for me already :) and having my Thermomix makes it twice as easy to prepare.
    Thanks