Salad with Creamy Honey Dijon gluten-free, dairy-free

creamyhoneydijon_low

What’s the weather like where you are? And while we’re at it—where are you? Here in the Longmont, Colorado we have been having hot then not so hot, as usual. ;-) Around here they say, if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes, it’ll change. And so it’s been for a week or two now: 90 degrees, then 75 degrees, back to 90 degrees, then… you get the picture. Today was one of those 90 degree days, and I don’t know about you, my friends, but when it’s that hot outside I do NOT want to turn on my oven.

I was thinking of making a salad with my friend, Lexi’s, French Dressing, until I realized I didn’t have some of the ingredients. Bummer. Well, I’m putting those things on my shopping list, but in the mean time I had to figure out—what dressing ingredients DID I have? Ended up I was able to make my Creamy Honey Dijon Dressing.
For the salad itself I chopped cabbage, lettuce, celery, scallions, roasted chicken breast, carrots, celery and cucumber. A few cranks of pepper and dinner is served. :-)

Comments

Honey dijon is perhaps my favorite dressing … well, tied with asian peanut I would say. Anyway, love the creative twists you added to the recipe, so unique!

Well, I hadn’t seen this recipe before, but now I want to eat that salad up!

Since you asked, I’m in southern Louisiana, where our temp at 8 a.m. is 78 degrees, with 87% humidity. A bit hot, yes.

3. Kelli says

So, do you always have cooked white beans in your fridge?

It is really mild here in Oregon, in the 70′s. It feels like our summers here go from July to September. We homeschool, so we usually school through June and then take September off!

Looks like chia (and Kelly) has done it again! I can tell by the pic that it’s the perfect consistency. A must try! Hope all is well with the Brozyna clan.

I love how creative this is! I’ve been trying to be more creative with salads lately as my CSA box comes filled with leafy greens each week right now. So many salads, so little time! :P

~Aubree Cherie

Green salads are not only healthy, but they’re also delicious. I have been used to salad take-outs from fast food joints and restaurants, and, at times, I buy ready made ones off the grocery rack.

I have once tried cooking up my own but it didn’t taste as expected. Your salad mixture sounds flavorful, and the dressing appears to be really perfect.

Now, Ill try to whip up this recipe once I get to buy creamed honey to add to the overall texture. I can’t wait to taste this creamy delight.

Thank you for the post and enjoy!