Comments

1. Saskia says

I can’t believe how easy it was to make cashew milk! Thanks, Kelly.

I had a hankering for some hot chocolate, but due to my allergies I can’t have the “normal” stuff. I am so excited to report I made this awesome, incredible hot chocolate (or you could leave it cold) by putting cashew milk, 1-2 pitted dates, and one heaping tablespoon of cocoa powder in blender. Heat in microwave or stovetop if desired for hot chocolate! Delicious and perfect for the winter chill.

I got your cookbook for Christmas, and today made some cashew milk, almond milk and chocolate mousse. YUM! I already knew homemade almond milk blew storebought out of the water, but I had never added sweetener or tried cashew. Very tasty. And my two year old is very happy with the chocolate mousse. I’m going to have to try the shake, I haven’t had one in years! Thanks!

Thanks Cook & Critic! Let us know what you make!

Thanks Saskia! Sounds fabulous!

Thanks Hobby Baker! I’m so happy you are enjoying the book! I personally adore the chocolate shake made with the chocolate mousse :-)

4. Sarah says

Kelly, Thank you so much for a wonderful blog and an equally wonderful cookbook! Your recipes have all been delicious so far, and truly a life-saver. I was wondering how long you keep your cashew milk in the fridge? Does it go bad after a few days? Also, the almond meal you save from making almond milk (for the choc chip cookies) – how long does that keep in the fridge? Thanks so much for your time, your compassion, and for sharing your talent!!

Thank you Sarah! And thank you for buying my cookbook!

I keep cashew milk in the fridge up to about 5 days, and the wet almond meal about 3. You can freeze both too.

Hugs, Kelly

6. Charlene says

Um looks like my Oster blender just can’t handle cashew milk. Like almond milk I had a lot of pulp not blended. Guess I’ll save my pennies for a Blendtec!

Hi! I found your bolg a few months ago, and i love all the recipes i’ve tried.

I was wondering where you buy organic raw cashew pieces? And do you know if making your own cashew milk is cheaper than buying nut milk from the store?

Thanks!

Riley

Hello. I know you said to fill the blendtech with water up to the line, but I don’t have a blendtech. Can you give the amount of water (in cups, for example) when you use 1 cup of cashew milk.
    Thanks!!!!!!

I have tried this milk and for 1 cup of cashews I used 4 cups of water… and some drops of stevia. Delicious this milk!! Thanks Kelly!
    Zuzi

10. Barbara B says

Hi,
    I just wanted to let Stephanie know that I have successfully made cashew milk in my regular blender and it comes out just fine. Not quite completely blended, but close enough for me. =)

I buy my cashew pieces from Azure Standard. I have a gut feeling that Kelly may, too.

This milk is awesome! Thanks Kelly. The video is especially useful.

11. Katie VaBeach says

Kelly, I recently found your site and love it. I’ve been doing a lot of reading on nuts, particularly cashews and am trying to make sense of the information surrounding them. Some say they’re wonderful and some say they’re toxic and should be avoided. Have you encountered this issue with cashews? Thanks!

Hello I have 2 questions, I am new to these free-diets so please do not laugh at me, but does this mild contain calcium and what kind of blender do you have I have cuisnart will that do the same thing ? I have a 1 year old and 3 year old do you think it is ok to substitute are they getting the same vitamins.

I am wondering if I use my regular kitchen aid blender if the cashew milk will come out well? Do you need to have a commercial grade blender like the blendtec? Oy, can’t wait to try this though! Thanks for sharing.

14. Nicole R says

HI there I just got a blendtec and cant wait to try this! Which setting do you use? The Australian blendtecs I think are different. We have no numbers! Thanks for a great blog!

Hi kelly,
    I have a vitamix and i make very thick cashew base which i can then thin on demand when i need milk. I use 2 cups cashews which i soak and then only put in enough water to reach half way up the cashews. I use one packet of nu-stevia and a pinch if pink salt. I will blend on low scrape down the sides and add a little more water as i turn up my speed until i have a thick fluffy cream. Most of this goes in a jar into the fridge but the remainder gets turned into a smoothie, salad dressing or cashew mayo (cider vinegar, a garlic clove, dijon mustard, more salt, and of course olive oil). This way there is little wasted.

Anyway, i wanted to thank you for your great recipes and for posting videos.

Lia

16. Wanda-Lee Tuson says

Kelly looks looks amazing and delicious! I cannot wait to try ALL of your great recipes, thank you for sharing :)