Chocolate Chip Bars

gluten-free-chocolate-chip-barsI have a confession to make. It could be said in the land of gluten-free baked goods, I have only one vice, my chocolate chip bars. They are so good I could just eat them all day, and why not? The almond butter and quinoa are full of vitamins, enzymes, and protein. The coconut oil is a medium chain fat, which converts to energy rather than being stored as fat in your body, and coconut oil is 40 percent lauric acid, which is incredibly anti-bacterial, and anti-viral. Still, they are so delicious, I have to remind myself how healthy they are, so I don’t feel guilty eating them for breakfast!

Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Bars

1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
2 cups quinoa flakes
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips

Divide into two square, greased dishes. Bake 350 for 22 minutes.

I like them cold from the refrigerator. The also freeze very well.

Comments

oh my goodness these sound SO good! TOO good. I can usually tolerate honey in recipes, just not by itself, however is it possible to substitute the honey for something like stevia or xylitol? I can’t wait to try these :)

These look so wonderful and I’m dying to make them, but
    my sons can’t have any grains at all. What would you suggest I substitute the quinoa and buckwheat with? Would coconut or almond flour work?

Maria, Quinoa and buckwheat are seeds, not grains. But if he can’t have them, you could try something like almond meal. I don’t know if it would work since I haven’t tried that myself. Best to you :-)

Could you substitute Chia seed in instead of eggs??

What amt of chia seeds would you use???

Thanks so much. Have you new book – awesome job!

I messed up my first recipe, the rice pudding, so I tried this today. I halved the recipe since I only have one square baking pan. Delicious!! And very satisfying – I didn’t feel the need to gorge myself on them. I ate all the edges and cut the middle into 6 squares that I froze in individual bags. :) I’m definitely going to buy your books now!

6. Barbara B. says

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could use finely ground raw buckwheat for the cream of buckwheat? Thank you so much for your recipes. They are revolutionary AND delicious AND nutritious all in one fell swoop!